Saturday, September 20, 2008

nang muling maulit ang minsan...

I am eumeirx ... I am an avid eraserheads fan AND I AM PROUD OF IT!!! I love them no one would ever erase their songs in my brain... they are my past, because of them i learned how to develop my special power - which is overcoming any problem and depression using their music, I am what I am now because of them, I admire Ely for he is the "chosen one", he is my idol and my brother (DeMolay Fraternity), I admire Raymund for he is the best drummer that ever lived (for me and millions of eraserehads fan) long before the dinosaurs roamed this wonderful planet, I admire Buddy for his great simplicity and humility being the soul of the band as "all-purpose" bassist, I admire Marcus for we have a similar face aura, hair style sometimes, adding up that he is the best lead guitarist in a very hair raising dress style. I love the eraserheads, forever they will be my favorite band... For many years I have waited for their appearance again... As their Reunion Concert came into the limelight... an unpopular story of mine comes again... I am eumeirx, and this is my story...

The clock continues to tick, I found myself in a very rare situation – waiting myself for a decision. Then suddenly a news flash report burst right on my TV screen showing the thorough preparation of the concert stage twenty hours before the much awaited “ Reunion Concert “ which is a dream come true for the loyal eraserheads fan like me.
The next thing I knew was I was consuming the cold breezy bus ride of the airconditioned Philtranco bus. I have
no choice though, it was already eleven in the evening and I said to my self the first bus to arrive on the terminal will be my ride. I have only with my pocket Php 900 pesos minus the seven hundred pesos fare, I immediately bombarded my two brothers with text messages in Pasig to expect my arrival the next day.
And so my eraserheads adventure begins again, the flashing light from the highway brings me back to the memory lane. To make a perfect setting I turned on the music player of my nokia ngage classic fun filled with eraserheads songs bringing my sight to nowhere, right into the days where I first gain interest to the greatest band the Philippines had ever seen.
It was the decade after the ever popular people power, as they say high school life is very remembering. And so it is, spicing my high school days adventure with the eraserheads experience is truly a once in a lifetime experience. Their songs had become part of my everyday life, as I seek to trail my social awakenings I have found the lyrics of their song as my inspiration to strive. It was my first year in the high school when I first heard of their song "Pare Ko" which made a hit over the air waves, the song that eventually becomes the "monovirus" spreading to the Filipino youth right into everyone's consciousness making them crave for more eraserheads songs. Their first album "Ultraelectromagnetic Pop" in 1993 just to own a casette tape of it I sold my not so tattered converse shoes to my friend. And so the monovirus has spread into my bloodstream making me but to see the "inverted letter e" during my hallucinations. And the cure is to utter some lines from their songs at least every ten minutes...
When their second album "Circus" came into existence the more I became addicted to their songs. My favorite song from this album is "Minsan" it talks about undying friendship, adding up " Ligaya ", " Kailan ", " Sembreak ", " Magasin ", and the ever popular and inspiring " With A Smile ", perhaps any eheads fan will never forget the catchy lyrics of " Hey Jay " which is also included in this album.
So far, while Earth continues to rotate, spinning new breed of talents in the Philippine rock band stage, no one, or siguro di pa pinapang
anak? no group yet has at least leveled what they have accomplished. As for me (sorry blog ko ito eh) and million eraserheads fan, we can say that they are still unprecedented. I will never forget that blessed day when I was having my laundry task, singing "Huling El Bimbo" in front of the washing machine. When suddenly I almost fell my conciousness at the clothe spinner when my super mom shouted " Aaaanahhhk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yung idol mo nasa TV na naman!!!!!!". And yes it was them receiving the most coveted 1997 MTV Asia Music Video Awards for "Huling El Bimbo", the song which happened to be my anthem for my senior batch in high school.
Until now their Album "Cutterpillow" (released December 8, 1995), which reached eight (8) times platinum (I can't imagine, anywhere you go that time you can
hear the neighborhood playing eraserheads song) , is still the best album, the tracks on the album with my own description and interpretation: " With A Smile ", a song that can make a girl's heart pink to red :) , " Fine Time ", a song fit for afternoon rendezvous, " Back2Me ", this song makes me imagine of a man na na123 ng girl bwahahahahaha, " Huwag Mo Ng Itanong ", a very nice song really, it can make you reflect and assess how and until when you can handle your relationship with your girl :) , " Kamasupra ", hmmmm... a very cute and naughty song, makes me think of my bed, i love the last line from the chorus, " Walang Nagbago ", a very inspiring song really, it explains the reason why when young we are dreaming to grow old immediately, and when already old we are wishing that we can go back to the time when we are still an innocent, harmless and a cute little child, " Poorman's Grave ", whenever I heard this song, funny it is but I can always recall the drama show " Maalaala Mo Kaya ", " Cutterpillow ", the song that is the namesake of the album, I always thought this song to my grade three pupils (adding " Wishing Wells " from their Circus Album) a song that showcase nice melody and rhyming, " Fill Her ", what a lovely song!!! well the best time to consume it's authentic lyrics is when you are deeply inlove, seeing cupids flying on top your head, " Torpedo ", I dedicate this song to the girls who in my high school days i have failed to prove that I am really interested to discover love from each one of them :) after uttering the ever popular line " pwede bang manligaw? ", " Waiting for the Bus ", one of my favorite song, especially when I'm trapped on a waiting shed by a heavy rain twenty five minutes late and no sign of any four wheel object moving on the road, i love it's melody and nice lyrics too, " Superproxy ", oh yeah!!! with master rapper Francism, a song that can really make you hype and make your brothers and sisters proud of you, " Overdrive ", a song worth remembering and has become my favorite track when leaving my family in malabon bound to bicol after a vacation, " Alapaap ", perhaps eraserheads fan will never ever forget this great song, which is their intro song during the reunion concert, not anyone knows, lines from it had given the four guys a free trip to the house of senate, hmmm... that's when a good senator, upon hearing the song had experienced "indigestion" and become hallucinated by a conclusion that the song promotes drug addcition, well thanks to the Almighty God they have escaped one of the cheapiest form of blackmail safe and away from strings of the prison jail.



.... TO BE CONTINUED .... (Time na kasi, hirap talaga pag teacher... )

11 comments:

eumeirx said...

To the visitors thank you for spending time viewing this blog, please do leave a comment or any suggestions that will be a help to improve this site, just click the post a comment button...

Thank you...

Anonymous said...

Sir Eumeirx.....

Sila Jessen, Angeline, Maricar at me Pearl, galing mo talaga Sir gumawa ng blog.

Maricar loves you forever and ever, and the same to us...... pero Sir as a teacher and friend lang po yun.

Sabi pala Sir ni Angeline..... actually wala siyang sinabi kaya hello na lang...

Jessen said that wala daw siyang sasabihin....

okey thats all .,.
thank you!!
ay si pearl pa pala.,. w8.,
pearl said that.,magbubutihin namin sa PRESSCON...Promise!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sir kaming apat na naman to......

Wala lang Sir, nagcomment lng kami para madagdagan ang comment sa blog mo....

Dagdagan mo pa kasi sinult mo sa diary kasi ang konti pa lang......

Good Day....

Anonymous said...

sir si emel to sir turuan mu kaming gumawa ng blog bago magraduate

Anonymous said...

Sir wag mong turuan si Emel, kaming apat na lang na contestant mo ang turuan mo.

Anonymous said...

ellow po...

i really luv the songs of eraserheads...

minzan nga po naririnig q un in the middle of the night...

i really like their songs! inaasahan q pa nga ng maraming kanta mula sa kanila but... un na nga... nagkahiwa-hiwalay cla..

but i will never stop listening to their wonderful song!

i 4get to say...

ang ganda po ng blog na i2... =)...sir...

Anonymous said...

heyow SIR<<

maricar poh ito,
thank you poh., kasi poh kung hindi dahil sa mga tinuro mo at guidance ni essa hindi kamimananalo ni angie,,
sir ,, mas lalo pa po naming pagbubutihin ni angie para sa susunod na contest!!>< maraming salamat po talaga,, yEHEY!!
we bring the bacon.,
ANd thats a gift for essa!!
im sure tuwang tuwa siya siR.,>
inggatz sir!

Anonymous said...

siR,.i just read th0se commentz...OMG!...nkaka!mpress...
jejeje!..H0pe agko man kami talent..gaya ng bin!gay sayo..
Anyweiz,.d2 sa Blog...its amazing!..
Perfect..!kahit di pa tapoz..parang tapoz narin,.Ang gAnda ng pagkagawa mo...
Pr0miz...!..:)
Until here,.please!..Stay as u r...
i luv the Emers0n n0w..Please kip it 4ver..

Anonymous said...

hi sir eumeirx!

galing u tlaga make blog!

Anonymous said...

eumeirx is my brother..me so proud of it.keep it up bro.you rock..

eraserehads experience said...

Nice site eumeirx pare!

The eheads is still the greatest pinoy band ever talaga. kaya super classic na ung mga gigs nila.